Mental health support for staff
BeyondAutism is committed to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of staff. We aim to support our employees and create a healthy, safe and happy workplace.
We recognise that our staff are our most important resource and are valued, supported and encouraged to develop personally and professionally within a caring, purposeful school community.
Mental health is just as important as physical health. It affects a person’s overall health and wellbeing. In the workplace, mental health affects an employee’s performance, productivity and confidence. This can lead to high turnover, absenteeism and mistakes occurring.
At Tram House School, we believe that it is essential that all staff feel part of a supportive and valued team, have the opportunity to express their views and are supported to manage their workload within a culture that supports a healthy work-life balance.
Our aim is to be a school for our staff where:
- they are valued
- they are supported to build resilience to mental health problems
- they are supported to keep a healthy work-life balance
- they are supported to manage their family and work responsibilities
- positive mental health is promoted and valued
- we recognise and promote the importance of a happy team
- we ensure that there are effective methods of communication
- we take account of equality implications
- times of stress are addressed and staff are supported through it
- we learn from each other